The Devil is in the Details

I was having trouble with a SmartForm view recently — I couldn’t figure out why execution of this SmartObject method was taking so long! I could execute the SmartObject from within the SmartObject Services Tester and it would complete in less than a half-second; I even went down further and ran the procedure directly from SQL Management Studio… everything at the data layer looked “clean and green.”

THEN I looked at the view, starting with the general properties. And that’s where I found the problem. The SmartObject method associated with the view was List(), but the method I was actually using was Read(). I was calling the Read method in the rules, but I didn’t realize the view was calling List() on the load event. So the form was taking forever to initialize because it was calling List(), then calling Read().

Sheesh!

The Devil is in the Details

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s