My new challenge: Reporting. Over a series of posts, I’ll take you through how such a report was originally being built, then I’ll walk you through my progress (so far) on a slight redesign that may improve performance.
Things just BLEW UP the other night. I connected to the development server, opened my solution in K2 Studio, started to edit, and BLAMMO! Everything went black.
Administrators had to rebuild my blown profile on the server. Once I was able to get into the desktop again, I figured I should have been able to drop shortcuts to K2 Studio and Visual Studio onto my desktop. No big deal, right?
I was able to open K2 Studio, load my solution, but was surprised to see that the solution was not connected to the (local) development environment.
I was even more surprised when anything I tried to do that was related to the server (like open an IPC, for example) yielded a nasty “Primary Credentials Not Authenticated” exception that threw me out of K2 Studio completely.
One of the greatest things about my position is that I get to learn from the very best in this field.
I’m used to using K2’s tools — K2 Studio and K2 Designer. I’m used to consuming SmartObjects via the Object Browser in K2 Studio or from within the Designer. Those SmartObjects are generally enveloped within some sort of category structure.
Say you have a stored procedure you’d like to expose as a SmartObject. Let’s do that using K2 for Visual Studio instead of K2’s native tools.
(Before continuing, ensure you have a copy of Visual Studio, with K2 for Visual Studio and configured for your development K2 and a database environment with stored procedures.)
So I’m building along in K2 Studio when I see these two warnings appear when attempting to compile and deploy… Continue reading